Thursday, July 24, 2008

My alter ego

Mmm.....Are you are wondering who this 'Surfer Girl' is? Well therein lies a bit of a tale (as there always is with me..... is that a clue or what?)
My introduction into the world, not too long ago, was living within pram-strolling distance from pebbly Brighton beach and the sound of waves making landfall off the English Channel. It was some time before I was able to live close to the sea again - apart from the annual 'trek' to the South African seaside from the Highveld for our Christmas holidays. It was whilst we were holidaying at The Wilderness, Eastern Cape that I was first introduced to the surfboard by my older brother. My most vivid memories are of almost drowning when the board and I parted company, becoming reunited when it made contact with my stomach and big brother Glyn saving me whilst berating me for nearly losing his board .............. Suffice to say my surfer days were curtailed somewhat and I am now a keen spectator, leaving it to my children to fulfil my sea-surfing dreams. I think I'll stick to the internet and not the waves!

No comments: